Samsung HW-Q990C Powered 11.1.4-channel sound bar system with Wi-Fi, Apple AirPlay® 2, Dolby Atmos®, and DTS:X
Big Dolby Atmos sound from a compact system
The Samsung HW-Q990C brings the joy of home theater-like excitement with cinematic, room-filling sound. This system rocks a whopping "11.1.4" channels, including dedicated up-firing and side-firing drivers in both the sound bar and rear surround speakers. This combination gives you true wraparound and overhead effects for sound that feels like it's coming from direction.
There's a compact subwoofer included, too, which adds deep bass impact to match the on-screen action. Both the sub and the rear speakers connect to the bar wirelessly for easy placement. Just keep in mind that you'll need to plug the sub, bar, and each rear speaker into AC power, per usual.
Samsung designed this bar to work seamlessly with their impressive QLED TVs, letting you control and adjust the settings for both the TV and the sound bar with the Samsung TV's remote. And Samsung's Q-Symphony feature lets the sound bar and your compatible TV's speakers play together for even bigger sound. (Q-Symphony requires a wired connection between the bar and TV.)
It's also one of the few bars on the market that supports wireless Dolby Atmos. You can pass an Atmos signal from a compatible 2023 Samsung TV via Wi-Fi for cinematic home theater sound with less cable clutter.
The HW-Q990C has a dedicated center channel to make quiet conversations easier to hear. Plus, smart processing optimizes your sound settings and amplifies voices based on each scene you watch, keeping dialogue intelligible even at low volumes.
Convenient music streaming
You can play your favorite tunes straight from your smartphone with the bar's built-in Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. The HW-Q990C also comes with Apple AirPlay 2 for easy streaming from iOS® devices.
Built-in Alexa voice control
With Amazon Alexa built-in, you can even control the sound bar with the sound of your voice. If you're an audiobook addict like me, you can just say "Alexa, play Audible" to pick up right where you left off.
4K and HDR passthrough
The HDMI connections on the bar allow 4K video passthrough and support HDR10 and HDR10+ (High Dynamic Range). This makes sure you're maintaining the high-contrast Ultra HD signal from a connected Blu-ray player or gaming console all the way to your TV.
Clear audio cues are key for competitive, immersive gaming. The HW-Q990C's Game Pro Mode automatically tracks directional sounds to match what's happening in the game world, including overhead effects, for a smooth gaming experience.
Bluetooth® with just a tap
The HW-Q990C's built-in Bluetooth can wirelessly stream your favorite tunes directly from your phone. If you use a Samsung phone, you can just tap it on the bar to start casting audio (requires Android™ OS 8.1 and higher and the SmartThings app). Bluetooth also works for receiving stereo audio signals from a compatible Samsung TV.
- powered sound bar with wireless subwoofer and rear speakers
- delivers 11.1.4-channel sound with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- designed to complement Samsung QLED TVs
- Q-Symphony 3.0 feature allows bar to synchronize with select Samsung TVs to create a fuller soundstage
- can receive a Dolby Atmos signal via Wi-Fi from your compatible 2023 Samsung TV
- SpaceFit Sound Pro lets compatible 2023 Samsung TVs process the audio signal based on your room for added clarity and immersion
- built-in Amazon Alexa voice control
- total system power: 656 watts
- 9 speakers
- dedicated center channel for clear dialogue
- side-firing and corner-firing drivers for a wide soundstage
- up-firing wide-range tweeters for overhead effects
- Adaptive Sound optimizes the audio settings based on each scene to keep voices clear, even at low volumes
- Active Voice Amplifier (AVA) singles out dialogue and amplifies it for added clarity
- Game Mode Pro adjusts audio settings to improve directionality based on genre, helping you keep track of important sound cues
- compatible with the Gaming Hub of compatible Samsung TVs and select consoles (sold separately)
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- Spotify Hi-Fi Connect and TIDAL Hi-Fi Connect music streaming
- Apple AirPlay 2 for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac®
- built-in DTS and Dolby decoding, including DTS:X and Dolby Atmos
- plays high-res audio files
- 48-1/2"W x 2-3/4"H x 5-7/16"D
- weight: 17 lbs.
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure
- connects wirelessly to sound bar for easy placement
- AC power connection required (power cable included)
- 8-3/4"W x 16-5/16"H x 16-1/8"D
- weight: 25.8 lbs.
- compact surround speakers with front, side, and up-firing drivers
- deliver immersive wraparound and overhead effects
- each speaker must be plugged into an AC outlet for power
- 5-1/8"W x 7-15/16"H x 5-1/2"D (per speaker)
- weight: 7.5 lbs. (per speaker)
Connections and general info:
- 2 HDMI inputs, 1 HDMI output (cable included)
- supports enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
- USB port (service only)
- optical digital audio input
- wall mount kit included
- One Remote function lets you control sound bar with your Samsung TV's remote
- connect to compatible Samsung TVs with Bluetooth or Wi-Fi
- compatible with Samsung SmartThings mobile app
- includes remote control
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # HW-Q990C/ZA
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker (HW-Q990C)
- Wireless powered sub (PS-WB99B)
- 2 Wireless rear speakers (PS-RB99B)
- Four 5' AC power cords
- 59" HDMI cable
- Remote control (AH81-15047A)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 2 Wall-mount brackets
- 2 Screw-holders
- 2 Screws
- 4 Rubber feet
- Wall-Mount Guide
- User Manual
- Remote Control/Installation Instructions